All content is copyright CSoD 2013 -
Capitol School of Dance -
1. Students should arrive promptly and attend classes regularly.
2. Any queries regarding students will not be dealt with during class time as they can result in the
classes starting late. Any queries should be directed to the school office by phone or email. All queries
will be dealt with out of teaching hours, and at the earliest opportunity.
3. Correct footwear and clothing must be worn to all classes and at all times. No jewellery is to be worn
in class and hair must be tied back off the face.
4. It is expected that all students respect the premises and each other. Unacceptable behaviour includes
rudeness, abuse or aggression towards staff or other students, theft, damage to property or bullying.
5. All primary school age children are expected to be accompanied to and from dance studios by an adult.
Capitol School of Dance is not responsible for your children outside the dance studios.
6. Please inform your teacher of any injuries before class.
7. Physical contact by our teachers may be necessary when helping to demonstrate or correct students
during the class.
8. Only once the required standard is attained will students be put forward for examinations.
9. It is important to drink fluids at regular intervals during physical exercise, please pack water for your
10. Capitol School of Dance does not accept the responsibility for items lost or stolen although anything
we do find will be placed in lost property.
11. Mobile Phones -
played during classes.
12. During class, students are expected to listen and we discourage unnecessary talking. If a student is
causing disruption, they will be asked to leave their lesson.
13. Capitol School of Dance reserves the right to change fees or timetable without prior notice. However,
we will endeavour to inform parents and carers of any changes as soon as possible.
14. Late cancellation of a private class (less than 24 hours’ notice) will be expected to pay the full
amount of the class fee.
15. All classes are payable per term in full in advance. Only in exceptional circumstances by prior
agreement are weekly fees permitted. Please note: : that by stating verbally, in
writing or e-
your son./daughter will be attending classes with Capitol School of Dance, or your son/daughter
attending any classes you accept that fees are due to Capitol School of Dance for our School Term that
applies at the time of acceptance and under our Terms and Conditions.
16. As our costs are fixed, fees remain payable in cases of absence. There are no reductions for sickness
17. One term’s notice is required if your child is to be withdrawn from classes. Failure to give adequate
notice will result in the issue of an invoice for one term’s fees.
18. Fees are non-
19. Fees are to be paid by the date stated on the invoice. Please note, if fees are not received by the
due date a 15% surcharge will be added to your balance. Do not hesitate to contact the school office
should you have any difficulties paying your invoice.
20. Cheques should be made payable to Capitol School of Dance or payment can be made
(contact the school office for on-
21. A sibling discount of 10% is offered to parents with more than one child who is in the school. The
discount applies to your second and subsequent children.
22. Fee Capping: In the case of a student who attends classes that exceed 4 hours per week, fees are
calculated at a maximum average of £5 per hour.
23. 5% discount is offered where students attend between 3 – 4 hours per week.
24. We reserve the right to charge for extra rehearsals in relation to Festivals, Exams or specific events.
The cost of these rehearsals will be sent out prior to commencement of the rehearsal
subject to point number 19 as stated above.
25. An administrative fee may be charged in relation to specific events, festivals and exams. You will be
notified if any administrative charges are due via an invoice or e-
19 as stated above. Please note: that by stating verbally, in writing or e-
that your Son/daughter will be part of specific events, festivals and exams you accept the payment of an
administrative fee and any fees due for entering of any specific events, festivals and exams. The
administrative fee, together with any other fee also applies to any person/persons dancing under the
name of Capitol School of Dance.
26. Parents to ensure that CSoD is made aware of any recent or on-
have (should an injury be sustained during the term, please contact the school office as soon as
possible, in any case before the next class attended). This is important as students may be doing
exercises that could further aggravate a condition. Please provide a letter from yourself (the
parent/guardian) either written or e-
injury/complaint want to attend their dance classes. This letter or e-
parent/guardian are happy for your child to attend dance classes (please ensure you seek advice from a
doctor if unsure), and are aware that participating in a dance class may aggravate or worsen the
condition. Please also confirm that you as a parent/guardian accept responsibility for any
injury/complaint that is aggravated by your child attending these dance classes. CSoD accepts no
liability for aggravation to injuries or complaints to students as well as any worsening of injury to a
student should we fail to be informed. Please do not send your child to classes should they not be
physically fit to participate fully in the class and if you are unsure, please seek advice from a doctor.
Capitol School of Dance Commitment to Parents:
27. Capitol School of Dance requires its Principals, teachers and assistants to be CRB checked via the
Criminal Records Bureau.
28. All personal data pertaining to students will be "processed" (as such terms are defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) by Capitol School of Dance for the purposes of administration, research and teaching services. Capitol School of Dance will not disclose this information to third parties for marketing purposes. Capitol School of Dance itself may use this information for marketing information
Should you require a copy of our Child Protection Policy or Public Liability Insurance Certificate, please contact the School office.
Capitol School of Dance
Registered Address: Pier House, Trevaunance Cove, St Agnes, Cornwall, TR5 0RZ
Correspondence Address: 66 Turnavean Road, St.Austell, Cornwall PL25 5NX
Telephone: 01726 400616 (school office)